Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Entry 09

DON’T TOUCH IT!!

Although I get all cute and cuddly looking when I have it still, here lies the undeniable truth; we weren’t meant to be. Me and malaria? I don’t think our relationship would go very far.
It’s a good thing ‘amalar’ hasn’t reached the labs of our ‘industrious brothers’ and still works for me if not, it’s me and Nneka that would have been on the banks of bar-beach by now doing the ‘fire dance’. Why they’d even think of making fake drugs leaves me in a maze of wonder.
When I told Ivy I was taking ‘amalar’ for my malaria, she had this baffled expression and asked if amala was now a medicine and what was in it. Poor baby; she thought I meant the ‘food’ amala; funny!

Would you believe it? When Stanley found out I was sick, he got me a ‘goodie bag’ filled with chocolates, sweets and cookies plus an adorable teddy bear. Isn’t that awesome? Stanley has to be like the best boyfriend in the world!! Geez, I wonder where he has been all my life.
He stayed with me for most of the week and made sure I took all my medication on time (he wouldn’t even let me walk him to the door when he was leaving). He says he wishes he was the one sick and not me. Buh, he is so dreamy. Speaking of drugs, why is it that once someone has head ache and throws up once or twice we all assume its malaria and start self medicating? I believe that there are other (although not so cool) illnesses that manifest the same symptom. Seeing a doctor first before starting treatment gets my vote any day!

I think Stanley feels a bit guilty that am sick (and am doing nothing to ease his mind) because IT IS somehow his fault I mean, he has a car; enough money to spend and all but still, he made me travel to and fro because he was trying to prove a point. It’s the stress of the journey that allowed me to fall ill (I think).
In the bus, there was this girl that was probably in cloud nine because she sat next to a ‘cute bloke’. All the way, she was smiling and chirping like a bird. Once, I felt like using charcoal to color her teeth just so she’d shut up, arrgh!!
Buh, imagine telling a handsome guy old enough to travel on he is own that he is fine?! Duh, he has a mirror, he knows! I pray to G*d he gave her his number else, all her squawking and parroting would have been in vain. Buh, Nneka sent me a get well soon message. Hum… miracles really do happen!

Stanley is at the door, I have to go!

- TABBY

No comments:

Post a Comment