Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Entry 15

DREAMS

See me see wahala o! Wetin concern 'agbero' with over load? [Well, that is aside from the fact that the 'agbero' would still be the one to carry the ‘overload’ a fact which would and SHOULD affect the overall price for work done]
Still, since when did prayer meeting become a place to pick up girls and meet eligible bachelors?
Hello, worshiping G*d here?
I mean, at first, it was cute that them yahoo boys and cultist had surrendered their arms and sought the face of G*d but when grand mistress Nneka almost broke down my room door with the warning that I should tell my so called Christian sister to stay clear of her boyfriend else there’d be hell to pay I decided to sit up.
It occurred to me that my bible hugging tree buddies were not what they appeared to be.
Fanatics isn’t a word am too comfortable using.
...Because brother Simon never saw me at fellowship, he concluded I was a ‘worldly’ girl and made it a point of duty to do a special prayer session with the intention that my soul return to G*d.
...Sister Nwaka always preached to me about being my brother’s keeper yet she stood back and watched while my science project got soaked and destroyed by the rain. When I confronted her, she said she was praying at that moment besides, G*d probably had a reason for destroying my project.
It took all I had to stop me from hitting her over the head with the prayer book she was studying and throttling her there and then.
G*d had a reason for destroying my 5,000 Naira project which I begged her to watch for me? Buh!
I believe in G*d, he died for me, he loves me unconditionally a privilege I DO NOT THINK I deserve but still, he continues to bless me.
[ I was in a bus that ‘flew’ for crying out loud!]
I am alive today not by my doing but by the power of a being greater than I.
When ‘these people’ put on airs and nasty attitudes in the name of being part of the chosen tribe of heaven, it gets me so mad.
Buh, what makes them so different from the priest and Levite that had left the Jewish trader to die save for the Good Samaritan who turned the other cheek and bent to help?
Buh, this is me signing out of this foolish game of charades.
Buh, maybe I’d talk to Nneka about the idea and start my own church sef!
Now, I have to run else, I’d be late for choir practice!!

- TABBY

4 comments:

  1. Buh,ok is Tabby becoming a bible hugging girl as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, ebose shey u've now turned to tabby? buh i mean!! guess what, i saw luse odion today! [shame on u for not telling her u came to nigeria!! and she was nice to me in presco!!]

    ReplyDelete