Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Entry 19

MOTHERS, DAUGHTERS, HELMET’S?

Buh, this is so freaking funny! My mother, my only mother, my only beloved mother is dating an okada rider!! I am going for a 7 days prayer and fasting session on her behalf [right after I release my new album. It’s titled WOMAN tracks include: UNDERSTANDING WOMEN, THE GAMES WOMEN PLAY and PROUD TO BE A WOMAN featuring Weird. Within it lays the secret partway to all females. Psych!!]
She claims that he is a sailor (or was it a marine? Well, he wears a uniform and lives on a boat! Or ship? Buh, whatever!!) on leave and enjoying his new hobby but unfortunately for her, every time I run into him, there is some person or the other [I’d call them ‘passengers’ for short] seated behind him and clinging to his back for their dear life. Now tell me if there isn’t truth in believing what you see?
He rides a super cool power bike (I’d give him that) and carries passengers from point A to point B after he receives gratitude [payment] so, all things being equal, he receives returns for services rendered therefore… okada na okada!!
For the past few days, my mood has been cheerful and gay; I have been so happy! I feel like a burden has been lifted off my chest and finally, I can breathe again.
The secret? Max!
I never knew the day would come when I would think of him and wonder what it was that was so awesome about him in the first place…
So, on the night of the BE, I went out with him and we ended up hopping from one club to the other until the wee hours of the morning.
This time, when I was with him, I wasn’t the love struck air head that saw wedding colors and matching china whenever he opened his mouth to speak. When we hung out, I played the role of the silent observer.
For the first time, I listened to him talk, I watched him move. I studied the way he handled situations that sprung up.
Sometime during our night out, something clicked in my head and then, I understood.
Max, although a wonderful man-and-probably-the-best-thing-that-could-happen-to-age-defying-women-since-Botox was human after all! That was the simple truth.
I admit I’d never meet anyone like him again and what we had was special but to stop living for the sake of a man that thought for just himself was plain suicide and in my case, since there was no bomb attached to my nappies, no one was going to give my remaining relatives a huge chuck of money for my unquestioned devotion to the faith.
I admit I was madly in love with him, I accept the fact. After comparing the reasons why I should kill myself for him with the reasons why I shouldn’t I came to the conclusion that if my country did not fall apart because of a missing [now late G*d rest his soul] president for a few months then I too would not fall apart then die because of a certain “home grown” Adonis not even from Greece!
I let go of Max and now, I am free.
Mother’s okada rider boyfriend has offered to take me for a ride.
For the sick pleasure of watching Nneka’s face turn green with envy when she sees me with him and the anticipation of hearing ‘my jist’ on Ibiela’s network news, I told him that if he brought his bike to my school and dropped me at class and picked me up afterwards, I’d take him up on his offer!
- Tabby.

1 comment:

  1. OK Tabby,how about the other GUY in your life, did you dump him?

    ReplyDelete